Would not refund me $400 for my NEW unused PS4

on Dec 13 I bought a new PS4 from Gamestop against my better judgement (older sons told me they had horrible customer service and never refunded anything).. I was desperate, a hard to find PS4 was at my fingertips and I bought it. I put a $50 playstation plus card inside the box. Bad mistake ! My son didn't want the system, go figure. he has PS3 and likes it better and wanted the refund money for school/books…I said ok, but they would not refund my money. they said it was opened, which the little piece of clear tape was open because I had to get the @(#$ playstation plus card out before I returned it! All of the components were sealed in plastic bags unopened, book, controller and console. They would not refund back to my credit card ! GRRR ! Who does that ? So.. my son listed it on ebay and will sell it today for more than I paid for it. But should he have had to do that? NO WAY !!! *** customer service, *** company.. overpriced everything.. go to COSTCO, SAMS, Walmart, Best Buy, Target.. don't go to Gamestop !! location: Hanes Mill Road Gamestop, Winston Salem NC

terrible would still be better than gamestops customer service

Yeah go to Wal-Mart to pay 4 cents less than gamestop and get terrible customer service... Brilliant!

View more comments (1)
ID

Issues with returns, RUDE workers!

So I went Black Friday shopping, stood in line for over 1 hr at 12am, in the cold! Bought some Infinity toys, a bunch of buy 2 get one free games, and a xbox live 12 month cards that was $20 off. First off, the live code DIDN'T WORK. I had a long chat with Xbox, which they were nice.. gave me a free unlockable. But yeah, they said it wasn't activated. Gave me a reference # and said I can take it back with no problems. I do so, and the lady gives me attitude. Saying if the code doesn't show up I get NOTHING. Not even sure if it did since I had issues with the games and LOTS more attitude. On the receipt it said "ANY product purchased between 10/1/13 and 12/24/13 may be returned with receipt by 1/15/14. Product must be in resale condition. Package for new must be unopened. So I went and bought a bunch for gifts. If I happened to find other stuff for people, I'd take it back. But NO, only 7 days for full refund (which is the normal policy, the holiday gap is BS)! So she wanted me to pick out other items for a trade in. Luckily my mother came in and FORCED her to give me a refund on everything! I'm a 23 disabled guy with Crohn's Disease. Literally just got done getting blood work not even 10 minutes before that. But my god, that woman was the devil. And the other workers not any better. Gave me death looks the whole time! So in all, I got lots of stress, attitude, -$8 (since she made me pay for a free game, which she shouldn't have), and NO xbox live. Last time I will be shopping in GameStop. Crazy over prices anyways. Most of the items I bought used, I could have bought the cheaper new. Like Bioshock 3 was around $35, could have got it on Xbox (before my live ran out for $15 and saw many sales for $19). I shall stick with Ebay for now on. Cheaper, and if I run into an issue Paypal covers it without the ATTITUDE!!!

Live cards are all considered DLC which is NOT a GameStop product and when you buy DLC, you sign saying you know it is non refundable. and if you paid for the card, it was activated.

when the network is flooded around that time of the year, a lot of cards do not work within the first 24 hours of purchase. Microsofts fault, not gamestops.

And Microsoft has a long history of blaming everyone else for their mistakes. honestly, if a 23 year old man had his mother come in and yell at me, there is absolutely no way I would be willing to break policy to do a return for them so consider yourself lucky.

Brandon, Florida
Loss

Refused to honor exchange policy

Tried to exchange defective ps4 within replacement policy and they refused stating they did not have to honor the policy if they had no replacements in. I tried to get them to just put me on a list and let me exchange it when they had stock and they informed me "it will probably be after your 30 day period is up", basically telling me that they will not be honoring the policy anyway. They then proceeded to tell me to talk to playstation directly and when I did to ask them to send this store some more playstations because they are sold out! Complete ***.
Durham, North Carolina
Loss

Sold a very old, VERY dirty used Xbox 360.

I'm not a picky person. And I'm not looking for fresh, out of the box new quality if I'm paying for a used Xbox. But if you're paying $80 for a USED 360, you're going to assume you get one that was maybe from around 2010. Instead, I got a filthy '06 version. I could not sign out "Dirty Mike" from his Xbox Live account. When I say filthy, I mean the thing was disgusting. I had to sanitize it and clean it with a q-tip because the power chord as well as the console had crumbs and other food (Maybe? God knows what it was) lodged into it. Let's not even talk about the brown smears across the top. Nevermind $80 - I wouldn't have taken the thing for free if I saw it was in this condition. They charge the same for the old white non-wirelessly internet connecting console USED as they do the newer 2010 model that connects to the internet and is much more user-friendly. I would have paid more for the newer one if they had differentiated!

Don't feel bad for you at all. They didn't force you to buy it.

I think it is funny that you even wrote this. What kind of *** buys something and didnt look at the product but wants to complain later.

@PissedConsumer763964

Agreed, though Gamestop did drop the ball in one area which is they should have wiped the system memory. That is standard procedure when they get a used console.

View more comments (1)
Boston, Massachusetts
Loss

Buy back/ trade-in offer b.s#!+

We the customers purchase these games for entertainment and fun factor purposes, find ourselves drawn to their quote unquote buy back tade-ins and only get pennies on the dollar for which we've paid as little as $5 for a game or as much as $60 turn around n only get a 10th of original price. I went in there with 14 mid-grade games and was only offered $15.69 but went to their site and the same games came to a total $80 gstop is fulla s#!+ . If it wasn't for them being largest retailer for video game software I wouldn't even acknowledge them.

Congratulations, you've unlocked the knowledge of how Gamestop makes money on trade-ins. The best you can hope for is either a trade-in special where they double or triple the trade value but this is generally reserved for PowerPlus members.

Or you can use the 30 day $30 guarantee. Other than that, yeah you're gonna get pennies on the dollar because that's how business works.

Especially if you're trying to trade in games like Madden that have a new release year after year or a Greatest Hits. Those titles go to *** as far as trade-in before you can blink.

Pompano Beach, Florida

Worse smelling employees ever!

Exactly what I sent their company on this store; "I am highly disappointed in the quality of management your corporation has at the 4315 Commerce Dr Ste 480, Lafayette · (765) 446-**** store. I have a huge family of gamers, to the point I bought several xbox ones. Lately the kind and quality of service I have had at your stores have been deplorable. To the point I recently returned the xbox one I had purchased from your company and just ordered another from target. I had some nephews that desired gift cards to your stores for Christmas so regrettably I had to return to the Lafayette store. Yet again walking through the doors I was overcome by the horrific smell in the store. The employee(s) standard for hygiene that are employed at that store is absolutely the worse foul smell than any retail customer service representative I have ever seen. I have a lot of experience in the field seeing how I had been a customer service manager in the past for a retail change store. When I am going to spend thousands of dollars a year on video gaming items, I expect at least any kind of standards from the employees management employs at the store. The last time I said something to the cashier working when I traded my husbands Call of Duty ghost 360 game in for the One edition, my concerns about the awful order was disregarded completely. Yet I go in again today to see the same awful filthy body order smell still there weeks later. Had I had to wait another 5 minutes to be served I would have left. It took everything I could muster to hold my breathe as long as possible the few minutes I had to stand closest to the raging oder when I was at the register. Your management for this region should be ashamed."

Lol @ "body order"

This pissed consumer is obviously insane. I too have a complaint about game stop but this person's post just made me laugh.

How do you expect a person with human feelings to react when you complain, in front of other customers and employees, about their poor personal hygiene and "the worse foul smell body order". The complainant should try to hold their "breathe" a bit longer until they cease to be able to use their "breathe" altogether.

Not certain how they were ever employed at all, let alone as a customer service manager with their inadequate use of the English language.

Kokomo, Indiana

GAME DOESNT WORK

THIS IS THE SECOND TIME I HAVE ORDERED A GAME FROM THESE IDIOTS AND MY GAME DOESNT WORK. I WILL NEVER EVER EVER ORDER ANOTHER ITEM FROM THIS BS COMPANY. YOUR COMPANY SUCKS, YOUR EMPLOYEES SUCK, AND YOU PEOPLE SUCK IN GENERAL. FROM NOW ON I WILL ONLY BUY GAMES FROM EBAY OR AMAZON. *** PEOPLE. AND THEN WHEN I TRIED TO CALL AND TALK TO SOMEBODY FROM CUSTOMER IT SAID THE WORK HOURS ARE FROM 8AM TO 7PM IT IS 8:35 AM WHERE TF IS EVERYONE AT PLEASE TELL ME CAUSE I HAVE A COUPLE OF CHOICE WORDS I HAVE TO SAY TO THE PEOPLE AT GAMESTOP

Was this a new game or used game? Cause if it's new there's just as much of a chance it won't work from wherever you order it from and seems more of a problem with the publishing company not Gamestop.

Raleigh, North Carolina

CUSTOMER SERVICE TERRIBLE WILL NOT HELP YOU CRUDE AS WELL

THE ONLINE SERVICE DOES NOT WORK AS STATED THE CUSTOMER SERVICE PHONE THEY DON'T ANSWER WAITED 55 MIN AND NO ONE RESPONDED REFUND-GOOD LUCK ON THAT!!!! EVEN WHEN YOU FOLLOW THEIR INSTRUCTIONS THEY DON'T GIVE THE REFUND UNLESS YOU SEND THEM 55 EMAILS AND CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD CO TO STOP PAYMENT WORST CO. TO WORK WITH OR EVEN GET SOMEONE FROM CUSTOMER SERVICE TO RESPOND GOOD LUCK EVEN WHEN IT IS THEIR FAULT YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH HOOPS TO GET EVEN A OUNCE OF PROFESSIONAL SERVICE WAKE UP GAME STOP AMAZON LOOKS BETTER!!! AMAZON IS BETTER BY FAR!!

Huh, an unhelpful review in all caps. Yup, it's the internet.

Paid double for an X-Box One

Saw a sign that said the Gamestop on Nellis Air Force Base (Las Vegas) had the "hard to get" X-Box One in stock. I went to the counter and asked for one. I gave "Robert" my credit card. He told me it was being declined and he had to make a call. After the call, he said it was declined. I told him I would pay with a different card. The second transaction went through. I left the store happy that I scored an X-Box One before Christmas. I got home the next day (we were Christmas shopping in Las Vegas) and discovered that the first transaction did go through. This means I paid twice for the same X-Box One. I then called the Gamestop consumer line. After one hour on hold (no exaggeration) I was told I have to dispute the charge with the card issuer. Now I will be in a protracted battle with my bank to get the over $500 charge reversed. Buyer Beware! I hadn't shopped at a Gamestop in along time due to poor service in the past. I guess some things never change. I can assure you, it will be a very long time before I ever shop there again!

Dude, It is your fault for not calling your credit card company to see why you were decline. This story is hard to belive. The funny part of the story is where you said he had to make a call.

Reno, Nevada

2 day shipping took 8 days

I made a cyber-Monday purchase for over $60 and instead of using the free shipping offer I decided to pay for the 2-day shipping. Their website stated 1 day for processing and 2 days for shipping. I finally just received my order 8 days later in 2 separate shipments that they charged me for 2 day shipping on each shipment. On the phone waiting for customer support for 1 hour 15 minutes so far and no representative yet. What is the point in paying for the expedited shipping if they are going to send it out so late anyways. I guess I should of opted for the free shipping, but then again that might not of gotten it here by Christmas!

I know what you mean, I stopped purchasing from Gamestop Online for a similar reason. I used free shipping though, and even though it says 5-10 days after processing, it didn't process for 2 months, even though it said it was immediately available, and then I received about a month after it finished processing.

So for something that should have only taken a couple of weeks to get to my door, it took about 3 months which is absolutely ridiculous. The customer service was garbage when I tried complaining to them, and wouldn't let me cancel the order because they said it was about to process every time I called, even though I kept on them hoping someone would refund my money, which unfortunately never happened.

This is why I will never purchase from Gamestop Online ever again. However, local Gamestop stores are nice, and convenient, and where I go if I choose to give business to Gamestop.

Cleveland, Ohio
Service
Gamestop Shipping Service
Loss

Can't return my product and get my refun

It's impossible to get an answer out of anyone from a local store, corporate number or anywhere else. I've wasted time, money, gas and energy just trying to handle a simple return. This level of incompetence is unbelievable. How can they be a real business with a 37% approval rate of the current CEO and founder. Why does customer service keep passing me around and keeping me waiting on hold. She answered the call and transferred me to a supervisor before I could say anything. I spent another 20 minutes on hold. Corporate is so unorganized and disconnected with service on the customer level.. I'm furious!! Don't buy a *** thing from this company. Buy it on Craigslist, Ebay or Amazon and you'll get what you want.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Loss

Canceling Peoples Games Without Their Approval!!!

I Pre-Ordered GTA V on the day of the launch and payed it in full price for it but never had time to go pick it up, so I went in today to go picked it up but they said it was already picked up by my brother on the same day he picked up Pokemon Y but he never picked up the game if he did it would of said picked up on the receipt which we still have right now so the only people who has access to the account that day of the pick up was my brother and the Gamestop Employees behind the counter!

That is messed up, I say we all should boycott gamestop. We dont need them, at all, maybe Microsoft was right about no used games. I am now going to buy all my video games at Walmart.

Hickory, North Carolina

Trading in a ps3 and rude customer service on the phone

Was planning to get a ps vita, because I got a ps4 and had three ps3s, went there two days ago and they said the trade in is 80. I consider it fair and plan to trade it in the next day. Well the gamestop *** same person turn around and said 48, because I did not have a av cable. Well I did not trade in the ps3. Call customer service about this a guy name ANdrew picked up. I told him how gamestop lied and he told me they don't care at all, and they do not care about me buying from them at all. Well I cursed him out and canceled everything from gamestop. Andrew did not want to say his last name coward. But gamestop lost a longtime customers *** gamestop

Don't go to gamestop, I went there to buy a super Mario 3d world, and the manager caught an attitude with me, and well I was wrong for arguing back until that *** b**** called me a n****. That *** me off right there and left.

So I call customer service and they told me the do not care about the worker telling that word. So I told them you lost a lifetime customer and the person told me they don't care at all.

The person name was john, he did not want to say his real name. Don't shop at gamestop they are racist and wrong for calling me that name.

Gamestop really lost lots of money with me, especially the time when the manager caught an attitude with me when I was buying a brand new ps3, I bought the system but I threw the money in her face for being a b**** crazy thing is the ps3 broke and they caught an attitude when I brought it back. They were force to honor the receipt even though they got mad, cause I told all the customers that b**** sold me the defective ps3.

Never will shop at gamestop again.

Worst service ever. How can u catch an attitude with the person that is buying the system brand new

If you don't have the cables and one controller to go with it, you'll get less. They could at least take it in without the cables as defective, but you won't get as much.

So, it's not so much that they lied as you put it, but rather that you didn't have the necessary pieces to go with the console. Did you even talk to them about the missing cable? Remember, they have to sell this stuff again.

Without at least one controller and all the needed cords, the console is useless. As for the customer support representative, that's a whole other case.

@PissedConsumer751195

Yes I had everything the person flat out lied. Customer service on the phone was much worse

@PissedConsumer751383

You just said in the story that you didn't have an AV cable when you were trading it in. Now you're claiming that you had everything. Which is it?

Gamestop need to go out of business

EEEEEEEEEEEKK! :grin

View more comments (6)
Biloxi, Mississippi

Cant refund a new unopened game with reciept after 7 days

I went to the gamestop in Jacksonville nc on n. Marine blvd. I had bought the call of duty game for ps4. decided to return it for several reasons but let's not get into tht. It was unopened still factory sealed and we had game less than 30 days. Now if you read back of reciept it says new merchandise you have 30 days to return without receipt and in the bottom states that all purchases of merchandise bought between Oct 1st and DEC 24th can be returned up until Jan 15th. The manager now tells me I only had 7 days to return item And refused to give refund. Went to GameStop on yopp road and they took it no prob said policy is 30 days
Raleigh, North Carolina

Sold my pre-order within 48 Hours

Pre-ordered and fully paid for my XBOX ONE on the 1st day pre-orders were made available. Was out of town for work but was going to be back on Sunday 11/24....which was within 48hours of the console's release date on 11/22. I walk in Sunday afternoon and they state they sold my pre-order as I did not come in within 48 hours (They sold it on Saturday night....as according to them the XBOX ONE was available at 6PM Thursday). Requested a full refund of my purchase price immediately. Inexcusable treatment for a long time customer and a fully paid console. My money will now goto BEST BUY/AMAZON/TRU/TARGET.....anywhere but GAMESTOP.

That was more than 48 hours. Friday and saturday was 48 hours.

Ashburn, Virginia