Show reviews that mention
game order customer service customer store service money games card phone
Filter review

They ripped me off

okay so i traded in my old playstation portable 1000 and i was told i would get 35 dollars in store credit. a few weeks later my giftcard came in the mail and it said i had a balance of 18 dollars on the card. i was ripped off and will never ever shop at best buy again. also, i bought a playstation 3 game and after i beat it twice, i was going to return it, but they wouldnt let me! terible return policy they have. if you want to buy or trade in video games, i suggest you go to gamestop instead.

Should have sold it on ebay! :>

you wouldn't let someone buy your game, beat it, and return and have them expect money in return.

View more comments (1)
Pleasant Grove, Utah

GameStop fraud

Recently I bought a brand new game final fantasy from GameStop at 202 WALTON WAY, STE 172, CEDAR PARK, TX 78613. Game was for xobox360 and should have 3 DVDs inside. When I opened the pack, I got only one DVD. I went to gamestop for replacement, guy says, he does not have replacement and will not refund. He asked me to go to another store at lakeline mall, Austin, Texas. I went there. Guy gave me 2 used dvds instead of new one. After some arguments, he agreed to refund the money. Point is, beware of such malpractice from GameStop. Please buy games from any other place but gamestop. You will get better deal and much more polite customer service.
Plano, Texas
Loss

I am not happy with Gamestop of Bristol AT ALL!!!

I am writing this to let all of the locals as well as any future customer know what to expect. I think it is ashame that the good employees (Chris and Brian) never get recognition, they only get written up for store numbers being low or because there LAZY managers decided not to do there end of the work! I have (on more than 1 occasion) found Andre (the store Assistant manager) doing nothing while Brian and Chris are working there butts off to either sell items or fix the stores appearance. I constantly see Jake (another employee) watching Brian and Chris like he doesn't have any work to do himself. He is one of Andre's friends (i'm sure that's why that *** got hired), so he's always looking to tell on them when they are the ones actually doing there job! If you were not already informed, or caught on, Andre and Dawn are dating which makes it unfair in more ways than 1. It's always 2 (Andre and Dawn) against 1. Andre is constantly changing the schedule without giving certain employees (chris and brian) a heads up so they are not late. I heard everyone was written up by the district manager due to sales being down....HELLO who really has money to buy games all the time and if we say we DO NOT want an edge card the first time, WE DON'T WANT AN EDGE card the second or third time, I hate people asking me that more than once and so do ALOT of other people!!!!!!!!!! I rally hope Chris and Brian get some good reviews and a raise, and I hope Andre gets let go for his LAZINESS and Dawn gets let go, or written up as a FINAL warning!!

I kind of agree with Anaway. but I also agree with original poster, sometimes management is *** plus you can't always control sales, it depends more on the store itself and its prices. some management just expects its employees to force sales down customers's throats.

....They can't remember EVERY single time you come in and say no to an edge card..What's wrong with you? That's like going to a fast food place and expecting the cashier to remember the same thing you order each time. What is wrong with you?

View more comments (1)
Dallas, Texas

I love gamestop

i love game stop in taylors sc because they have always been good to me Kevin and john are like second and third brothers to me and the service is great they listen to my problems i listen there's i am so greatfull that every xmas i give them a presnt each i love game stop kevin nd john are funny to i love there jokes so much so in closing i say that kevin and john will help in any way they can so go up there and buy something today please and please don't be afred to ask a quston

=) Man the customer service in the United States these days =)

Michael B.

I regret to inform you that I am unable to purchase anything from your company GameStop.com.

You have a superb system. Your system even keeps honest buyers from buying anything from you.

Don't worry too much about it though because I found the same items on two different websites and bought both of them from someone else. I didn't have ANY problems using the exact same information using the exact same debit card I was trying to use with your system. And do you know what is better than being able to buy things from one source? I'll tell you, buying things you want or need from two sources who don't give you a problem when you provide the correct information to them, unlike your fantastic system.

The only difference is, their product is in the mail headed toward my childrens' Christmas while I am deployed in Afghanistan thousands of miles away unable to share in their Christmas joy and my money is in the other stores' bank accounts, not yours. =) Can you see how fantastic your "verification or review process" is?

I hope your company didn't spend a whole lot of money on it because, my money isn't coming to your company to defray any of the cost of your grand system :o

I am sorry if my decision to give my money to someone else causes your company an inconvenience but your company needs to learn to not protect their customers from themselves. Our federal, state and local governments do a bang up job of that already. :)

Have a nice day. Oh and one more thought. Less money in your company's pocket means less money they have to pay you for your excellent service. I hope you have better luck finding your next job. :)

Guy Mikesell

The customer who is ALWAYS right!

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 5:36 PM, Orders - GameStop.com wrote:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

We regret to inform you that we are unable to process your GameStop.com order at this time. All orders go through a verification or review process to prevent potential fraud and most importantly protect our online customers, and as a result of this verification we are unable to accept your order.

Please note you have not been charged for this order. Any related authorization hold on your credit or debit card account will be released in accordance with your financial institution holds policy. Please contact your financial institution for more information.

Michael B

GameStop Customer Service

-----Original Message-----

From: Guy Mikesell (guy.mikesell@***.com)

Sent: Dec 28, 2011 1:22:13 PM

Subject: Where is my order / when will it ship?

The order would not go through because of credit card did not match some obscure file you have which is probably wrong. I can only give you the address on my bank account. You website kept saying it was wrong. I verified my address with my banks but your website won't let me spend money on it because it says my billing address doesn't match your files???? Really? My address hasn't changed for a couple years now and it hasn't changed since I created this login information.

Atlanta, Georgia

Game Stop Taunted Me

Hello, my name is Amanda and this is my story... I've been quiet about this long enough! Before Christmas of 2010, I went to the GameStop near my house to check on a game I've wanted. The cashier there told me, yes it was in the area, but not in their store, but a store about three miles away in the local mall. I don't have a car, I ride a bike, so I hopped on the next day and rode out there hoping that they would be there when I arrived. I arrive and the two clerks look it up and than discover, it's in the back and not just that one, but the entire series so far. I already had the second one, but the first and third ones were there in pristine condition. I collect games, so as a collector, I was so happy. There they were right in front of me, ready to go, discs are perfect, the cover art is perfect and the little books are also perfect. I tell them I'll take them and take out the cash to pay. And do you know what they said? Sorry, we can't sell them to you. I stood there for a few moments. Why not? I ask, they said because an employee has dibs them before they're even available to the public. I tell them I'm here ready to buy them at full price and you're saying no. They basically said yes. When I complained to their manager, he all but ignored me, so I decided to write a letter to the corporate head quarters. I got a generic letter and a key chain with the DS logo. I wrote again and again and now I have a pile of key chains in my room! Why am I writing this now after all this time. Yes, I'm still bitter, but worse when I went back a few days ago, I saw the clerk and another clerk I actually knew. I smiled at my friend and and ignored the other clerk. When he asked why the cold shoulder, I told him. Instead of apologizing or asking what he could do in the future to make me, the customer, feel better, he laughed. He laughed at me because I was still angry. My friend knows how I think and he tried to calm him down and told me the employee who reserved the games was fired later on, isn't that karma? No, it's not. But this is a start. All Central Floridians, avoid the GameStop in Altamonte Mall in Seminole County. They take all the good and rare games for themselves and apparently the company doesn't even read complaint letters, but if you need a new key chain, I know where you can get one.

if they were gonna tell you that an employee has dibs on the game, they shouldn't have even told you about it being in stock in the first place. but if you don't have a car or any transportation, why not buy a car instead of collecting games? I'm not saying that's a bad thing but if you don't at least have anyone to drive you anywhere, then what do you do?

Tough. Gamestop isn't the only place that has the games.

Lmao.

Try eBay. :P

@And?

Sure, the employees can put games on hold for themselves, but those were the only copies of the game they had. In my personal opinion, for the employees to put the games on hold, they should have to wait for more copies of the game to come in for the consumers.

They shouldn't be allowed to put the only copy of a certain game in that store on hold for themself. It should be that way, or they shouldn't be allowed to put any games on hold from their workplace at all!

Dude... How much for a key chain :D

This is actually a common practice. GameStop distributes some rare gems to their stores, pristine and everything, and they almost *** themselves in excitement.

I agree that they mistreated you.

However, GameStop is one of the few corporations wherein their employees are really into the thing they're selling. GameStop employees, by and large, are also avid gamers.

Are you complaining because the employee was allowed to put those games on hold, or that you were told they were available? If it's the second one, that is an unfortunate mistake.

If your complaint is that the employee was allowed to put a game on hold, that's just sad. Of course an employee can set something aside for later. I would expect that at any store.

If I were a butcher, I would expect to take home the best cuts of meat to my family. It just makes sense.

:( Focus on the subject at hand please!! :(

"Do you realized how much employees get paid there?"

Sounds like you work there. hehe I bet you sit down to go to the bathroom don't you little fella.

@Boo Hoo. You sound like you need to change your diaper.

I agree with Boo Hoo Blows. Boo Hoo does have a huge ***. hehe

View more comments (13)
Orlando, Florida

Amazon gives me $10 off pre-orders

I use to buy $250 to $600 a month in games at gamestop. We always have pretty good relations with the manager as well as several employee and they hold games for us all the time. We continued to shop with them even with all the same problems other consumers experience and the fact that Amazon offers $10-$20 on next pre-order and $.99c same day shipping. The last straw was 10/8/10 when the manager at our local gamestop finally stopped leading my boyfriend on about a job. He told him he just had to get him some hours and then turns out he just did not want to lose him as a customer. The next straw was 12/2/10 after I submitted over 30 negative feedbacks from my receipts and I received a call from the police department telling me that I could not call or visit the gamestops. When I called the district manager, Josh to thank him for making it easier for us to move ALL of our business from their stores and that I still had over 30 more feedback receipts to submit he said that was okay, he would have them all removed. Gamestop manipulates feedback to their benefit and hires the most ignorant people to sale video games. Your ownly product is video games so why don't you require your employee's to know anything about current and games coming out in the next 60 days. Because they don't care about customer service. Show them that without customer's there is no service to provide. Amazon & Walmart are your best deal.
ID
#209782 Review #209782 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Salt Lake City, Utah
I've had a couple of run ins with these losers. They were both at the Barksdale Air Force Base LA branch (the Army and Air Force Exchange Service has a contract w/ Game stop to operate locations in exchange malls on various bases- to supplement their own stores...

B52gunner is a baby.

View more comments
ID
#207196 Review #207196 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Bossier City, Louisiana

Game Stop Blows

So we reserve a wii game for the kids for Christmas and go to pick it up today and guess what? they sold it to some else even though we put a deposit on it. their response? first come first served and even a deposit doesn't guarantee you the game. port Washington NY store! what a joke. the clerk was so rude and could care less what happened. the guy just kept saying that they don't really hold games and if someone comes in and wants the game they just sell it to them. great customer service, wont be shopping there anymore

:grin The proof is everytime you walk into the store. I had great relations with my local Gamestops even though I realized many of the issues. I spend $250 to $600 a month on video gaming. My local store loved me but it did not stop their ignorant workers from giving my games away or just being pure lazy and not checking.

When I talked too the district manager for SLC, UT Josh, and told him my problems with the stores he said it loses credibility when your emotional or upset with our associates.

on 12/1/2010 I took over 30 receipts for gamestop and submitted negative feedback. On 12/2/10 I received a call from my local police department advising me not to contact or visit any of the Gamestops in SLC. I called Josh and thanked him for making it easier to move my business to Amazon who by the way gives you $10 credit toward's your next pre-order and offers $.99c same day shipping.

People need to spread the word and move your business to Amazon ... Gamestop will go out of business slowly like Hollywood video.

Game Stop's policies are sent down from corp. and, trust me, it irks them just as much.

Much of the attitude you recieve is the product of the higher ups making a big deal about reservation quotas and then not allowing enough games to be sent to cover them. This makes the minimum wage worker look like the *** but really, they're just as frustrated getting yelled at all day for the same reason as you are for not getting your game. Technically, the policy is that they hold the game for 48 hours after the release date. If you haven't picked it up by then, they have to release the held copies to the general public.

This is simply a bottom-line issue and somewhat understandable considering the compition is really harsh these days.

Really, the best thing you can do is not get angry at your local store (if you're really cool and shop with them regularly, sometimes they'll hold a copy for you past the required supply release day)and fire a complaint call to corporate. Emails go ignored- call.

this just prove that they are not a reputable company. thank you for the heads up on this company

View more comments (2)
Elkton, Virginia

Game stop

this company has to have the best *** game going recently i went into game stop to buy my daughter a game for her b-day i looked through there shelves when i found the game i wanted i took the case to the register and told them i want this brand new he then turned around opened a drawer and poped a disc into the empty case i told him again i want to buy a new one he claims it is new??? is this a joke ??? new is factory sealed!!! he told me that they open mostly all there games because of theft i can understand that but how do i know that is a new disc and not one of the used ones? how do i know that's all the advertisements and game manual that comes with a new disc? on top of all that the cover is damaged because they stuck there price tags directly onto the paper cover under the plastic so if you try to take the sticker off it will damage the cover ??? his only words after that was if i didn't like i could leave.. wow..... they need to work on there PR my advice to anyone out there looking for a game before going to game stop try other solutions like eBay,, best buy even walmart before wasting your money at game stop ( by the way there prices of used games are only a few dollars cheaper the a brand new FACTORY SEALED game at another store even best buy is selling used games now) i know the game stop is the same wherever you go but the on i am referring to is located at the steam town Mall Scranton PA

I had a similar problem when there was a game store called EB Games when I was younger. A guy that was working there told me about a deal they had and I simply asked him if it was for used games only or any games.

He snapped at me when he said any game. Honestly, why would anybody want to hire such rude and hostile people is something I'll never understand.

I bought a game from them a week ago. When i got home i noticed 2 tiny cracks on the inner circle of the disc.

I also lost the receipt. The cracks spread to the point where the game is unplayable. I called the store and explaining in great detail, to the supervisor, she agreed to exchange the game for me.

I drove a nice distance to get back there, only to have her lie and change what we agreed on over the phone. Waste of time money gas fukk lamecockgamestop

Michael B.

Guy Mikesell

The customer who is ALWAYS right!

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 5:36 PM, Orders - GameStop.com wrote:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

Michael B

GameStop Customer Service

-----Original Message-----

From: Guy Mikesell (guy.mikesell@***.com)

Sent: Dec 28, 2011 1:22:13 PM

Subject: Where is my order / when will it ship?

G'day mate,

this is a disappointed review from me

this is apply to

GameStop

123 Grandview Blvd.

Madison, MS 39110

(601) 605-****

This is ***! i went there during black friday on 2011 for purchase new ps3 for my 1st time. The supervisor female AA who work at that time mislead people, the promotion stated if buy 2 free 1 for pre-owned games. but when i purchase 12 games. they charge me on the expensive product. all the cheap products get free.

Example, supposedly, if i buy 2 of $10 games which equal to $20, i should get free 1 $10 as well (same value or less). However, I bought 12 games. all the expensive price is being charged and all those cheap get free. This is not fair. when I asked for cancelation and redo again, they told me they cant do that. unable to do so. did not give me any strong evident. they keep delaying me.

so, my conclusion is, i told them, this is unfair, I will return back all the pre-owned games and purchase again or i will return all my purchased of $517 (which include 320gb ps3, bundle of ps3 accessories). Guess what that female AA said, 'we cant do so or else return everything'.

i said, 'yes', i'l do that'.

she said we closing in 2mins (even though it was 8:20pm). so, i said, i will return it back tomorrow then, she said yes, we open at tomorrow at 10am, and i'l be here on that morning. she also stated, if i ever open the ps3, Im unable to return everything.

this is show how the customer service in Madison, MS, Gamestop.

what was really pissed me off as i spend my time more than 4 hours to search the best games especially on hot sale (which only sale on that day). a very good service from 2pm-6.30pm (i spend my time searching on the best deal). even the female AA was there on the counter.

anyway, in conclusion, it was unjustice which cheat customers with hidden agenda in their promotion. they also rather forgo sale if been noticed, in order to cheat people to get higher sale.

my question is, what is the wrong to return all the 12 games, and purchase it again rather than return it everything.. what a *** decision.

In customer point of view, it really bring bad image to foreigner like me which im so disappointed with Gamestop in US. i rather purchase a little bit expensive products as long as they do not try to cheat me or mislead me.

for business point of view, such a *** amateur mistake for supervisor / manager who in charge on that time. i rather return it back and let the customers choice again or at least for next time.

p/s: not to mention the supervisor female AA just add mislead information into my membership data on my address. she also show horrible service with bad impression.

IT WAS NOT KAYLA WHO on THE CASHIER i blame the most( even though she did many mistake or maybe the system, she also even throw my receiptt to the rubbish bin (i guess to close the evident)) BUT the horrible part is HER SUPERVISOR (a female curly African American) WHO look INCHARGE on that time (about 8.10- 8.30pm). which i so disappointed on her decision. She also bring my receipt alone with her in the office room, God knows what she did to the data receipt, hopefully, no more lying or misleading or delete evident.

only 1 person i like there is a cashier before kayla (a guy which help me the most (probably to gain more sale from me before his shift end)).

my detail receipt:

11/25/11 18:37

02704/04 - 148

326552 kayla

Powerup reward acc: # : 387610****047

feedback number: 6G3EP - L2WFM

Bunch of butthurt crybabies.

Some people at these GameStop stores are clueless *** How did they even get hired??!?! It's beyond me!

They make up there own policies whenever they feel like it! For example, moronic employees will say "No" if you simply want to exchange a damaged "PRE-OWNED" plastic box for a better conitioned one! They are sooo ***! Even if you're spending upwards of $30 on a used game!

They will say "NO". lol!! While they sell damaged incomplete games without cover art or booklet! In generic boxes?!?!

lol!!

They lost me as a customer! KEEP your 3 cent plastic box losers!

ROB: You obviously work for the man, Gamestop.

You can not comment on the employee's attitude, yet you won't address it either. I have submitted many complaints about your employee's attitudes.

Amazon now offers $10 credit towards your next new pre-order and $.99c same day shipping. Gamestop's time is coming to an end when the word spreads.

I bought a game off the shelf that said New, got it home they put clear tab on the right side and when I opened it there was no game manual.

I don't give a *** if your customer's like to browse the guide, etc. That's what they make display models for and that's why stores sale display models for less than NEW and they also DISCLOSE it is a DISPLAY model.

I guess they didn't teach you that video game consumer's are not as ignorant as you think we are and we generate more revenue than movies do, so watch out you will be out looking for a job soon.

I buy $250 to $600 a month in video games and accessories. I have over 25 cabinet's full of video games including rare one's imported from Japan. I no longer will give my money to Gamestop so they can continue to rape the customer with terrible customer service and high priced goodwill used games.

If a customer wants to sell you a game without the book/cover then make sure you charge less than used.

Gamestop employee's are all chumps and like to act tough because they have a phone next to them to call the police.

#192980

all you employees backing gamestop are iddiots. gamestop could easily put an empty case on the shelf and when brought to the front hand the customer and unopened case.

And its not just about taking the cellophane off its about destroying the case with your *** sticker and possibly stealing a potential unlock code or suchother that may come with.

and if buying the game as a gift what is somebody saposed to think when they unwrap a already opened game like the giver of gifts just took it off there own shelf and wrapped it. seriously not that hard to prevent theft loss while still in origanal packaging

As an employee, I've heard the complaint before. But frankly, it's childish. Our customers enjoy the ability to handle the case, peruse the instruction manuals, and make informed decisions on their game purchases. The fact that we remove and dispose of cellophane, just as you would at home, does not constitute as using the game.

Each disc is kept in a protective paper sleeve similar to those used by many PC software manufacturers until purchase. Furthermore, we generally have multiple copies of a new game in stock, meaning you bring us up the display, and we provide you with an unopened copy. We also offer extended coverage for those interested (referred to as a Game Play Guarantee, GPG for short) which gives you a 1-year warranty for defective exchange of the same item for a maximum of $3.

I can't comment on the demeanor of the employee in question... I have no problem explaining the process to a curious customer.

there are many other ways to prevent theft then to just open up all the new games you dont see best buy , toys r us or walmart open up there games to prevent theft and yes it is a big deal when you open up a game and say it is new and charge full price they expect you to just take there word for it but if the roles where reversed do you think they will just take your word at? if you think yes then you need to get out of that box and see thing for what they are

View more comments (16)
Palmyra, Pennsylvania

AUSTIN AND SHAHDON ARE PISSED

We are pissed that Gamestop are hiring toooooooo many gingers. The arern't smart, they aren't good looking it just really grinds my gears. Gingers make your stores look very bad. We both were talking to many of our other friends and they all agree. Ginger have to go!!!!!!! Do know what a ginger is? It's someone who has red or orange hair and no one wants that. Or to look at. Being a ginger makes someone suddenly unatractive. Take our advice if you have any people that are gingers, fire them right away. Please it will help the pore people that go into gamestop to buy games.

seriously? either the original poster has problems or this is just a joke that fails at trying to be funny.

Wow, what an ***. Lmao.

Does not matter if they are a ginger, its the fact that almost every one of their employee's are ignorant of video gaming.

Gamestop should test their skill levels. They don't know the answers to any of your questions and often tell you lies instead of just saying I don't know let me find out for you.

Boycott ALL gamestops

See this is why 12 year olds shouldnt watch southpark i bet there parents are prolly total failures at what thaey do

wow this is by far the most *** *** i ever heard

Seriously? You really just did this post to be prejudice?

A ginger? You're pissed at GameStop because they employ people with red and/or orange hair?

Seriously, that's the only gripe you could come up with?

Do the world a favor and unplug your internet, that way we all can be mercifully free from the stupidity that is you. Better yet, do the entire world a really big solid and overdose on the crack that you obviously smoke on a daily basis.

View more comments (6)
Irvine, California

Verified Reviewer
I was going to game stop to attend this video game conest to see who could be the best fighter for the new smash brothers game for wii, the contest occured after open hours but I got my name registered for it. When I got there late I explained why I was and the ***...

Nothing like watching a bunch of retards get angry over nothing online.

View more comments