Fake games at GameStop

219 of 314 Gamestop reviews

I was on a trip to NYC and decided to buy a Xbox 360 and some pre-owned games and I thought: why not GameStop?As far as I knew, this was the biggest game store in the US.

I bought a few games at 1282 Broadway and when I came back to Brazil I did not have any problems with it. Until i decided to try the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. My Xbox started doing a lot of strange noises and said it could not play the game. I tried again, thinking it could be just some reading problem, the same thing happened, but when I opened the lid, for my surprise, the cd was not there.

My Xbox literally swallowed my game! When I closed and opened the lid again, the cd came out. I started comparing it to my other games and realized it did not have the Xbox 360 logo in its inner circle (the sparkling thing), at first I could not believe that GameStop could sell me a fake game, but I am pretty sure that this is what happened. Unfortunately, I will not be going back to the US in the next few weeks and can't exchange it for a good copy of the game.

I have sent an email but got no response so far. My only hope is to be heard through this website.

I've provided some photos to confirm the cd's illegitimacy.I would like to be repaired in some way!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
219 of 314 Gamestop reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 11, 2013 #697677

Any gamestop employee that sees the monsterous white sticker up in the corner knows exactly what it means.

You're game isn't fake, or a forgery or any sort, hopefully you can work something out with the website if not you'll have to swap it at a physical location.

Oct 31, 2014 #893428

Correct. That CD has been refurbished and had some sort of damage to the inner ring of the CD and possibly had scratches. GameStop stores get sent these from their corporate offices in Texas and four out of five times those CDs do not work.

Jul 08, 2013 #676220

That center ring is what they put on at the refurb center when the disk has a crack in it, but not in the actual data. It's basically a sticker to reinforce the disk, which if you peel it off, will show the original Xbox logo in all of its glory.

Jun 14, 2013 #664640

Was the game "used" or "new"? If it was used... GameStop did not make the game. Someone traded it in. Probably made a copy of it in attempt to get money. GameStop employees inspect all discs and it's possible that this disc looked convincing enough, so the employee accepted it as a trade-in. If I were you, instead of emailing, I would have called corporation explaining the situation.

1 0 Reply

Jul 30, 2015 #1013851

finally someone with some brains Xbox 360 easy to mod people create their own games on DVD disc so more than likely it was a used game you bought a game that someone else burned onto a DVD.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Gamestop. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Gamestop.
Filing a new complaint about
×