I am a member of GameStop and been purchasing games from there online site since 2010.I placed an order on Friday April 15th for (1) Dark Souls 3 Lord Cinder Statue.
It was shipped on the Wednesday 20th and arrived to me Friday 22nd. Everything is fine. I sold online a similar one and wanted to drop ship from GameStop online site. Bare in mind, I drop ship from GameStop in the past with no issues.
So I used my backup card, same billing address and a backup email address. I received a confirmation email, a review email and then my order was canceled 20mins later. Email read "contact financial institution." I use my backup card weekly, so I know nothing is wrong but I called Chase anyways. The agent said my card is good standing.
Next, I used my fathers card to checkout as a guest. Same results as before. We think its due to having the same billing address. Saturday April 23th, my uncle came over to are house and said use his card, so I did and completed the order.
Few hours later, after being reviewed it was canceled. His billing address is a PO box but that shouldn't matter since my customer has a home address. Next, I decided to call the # in the email. I waited half an hour when the agent received my call.
We couldn't 100% hear him, so I put on speaker and asked him to speak louder. I think GameStop customer support is from India or Philippines. He said for this particular item, there is a limit 1 item per day. Just so my dad heard him correctly.
He said I could order one today, tomorrow, the next day, etc etc. The agent said yes. So we hung up and waited the next day, Sunday April 24th. With my hopes up, I tried again with my backup Chase card again, this time I couldn't pass the checkout screen because it said I exceeded my limit.
Frustrated, I called back the #, this time waiting period was 5mins or less because it was in the morning. When the woman answered, I explained to her what happened before and she couldn't couldn't give me a definite answer why my backup card was declined. Except that it didn't pass there AVS security check. I thought that was strange, I placed orders in the past using same billing address on both my cards, with no issues.
She suggested we try ordering over the phone. While I was hesitant to try this, I did so anyways. I was surprised shipping over the phone was cheaper. Once the order was complete.
I hung up once more. Approx. 40mins I received a canceled order email. By this point, I was irritated.
Every agent I spoke felt like a run around. I called back once more, but this time I demanded to be transferred to corporate office. I believe she transferred me to her boss (who is in the same building in either India or Philippines). I asked where are there and she said Philippines.
Next, she told me that the first agent I spoke to was incorrect. "Not 1 per day, but 1 per household." She said contact my financial institution, I told her I did and everything is okay with my Chase and BoA cards. By that point, she said I could go to my local GameStop and order from there. I said not possible since the item is online only.
Then she said to buy a gift card from local GameStop or Amazon for the amount of the item, mail it to my customer for him to order himself. That is a definite no solution either. I asked why my uncles card was declined and she couldn't give me an answer without talking to him. I said he's not here.
She said she was sorry but there was nothing she could do. So I hung up, frustrated and pissed off. I started Googling what reason could it be. I found a couple of forum sites by people with similar situation that are all "blacklisted" or "blocked" because GameStop security system flag them as suspicious/fraud activity.
An once that happens there is no way of getting out. I was shocked, sick to my stomach and disgusted! I am not committing fraud. I was lied too, given false information.
When this whole time I been "blacklisted". I wasted several days by all this. I have a good purchase history, keep all my orders saved and have over 17,000 unused points. I hope an American in the real corporate office in the USA finds this review and help me out.
I will type a similar report to BBB.
This is absolutely ridiculous!Until this gets resolved, I will go to social media, tell my friends and other people to avoid GameStop and shop elsewhere.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Poorly trained support
- Support not in usa
You May Also Like
- "I was on a trip to NYC and decided to buy a Xbox 360 and some pre-owned games and I thought: why not GameStop? As far as I knew, this..."
- "I was recently assaulted and strangled to death by a staff member at Georges Dancin Bare. A "gentleman's club" located at 440 North Interstate Avenue in Portland, Oregon. What began..."
- "Bostoneb.com escorts girls have HIV - AIDS BE CAREFUL!!! We did everything you can imagine. Once I arrived in the room she put some music on. We chatted a little bit about..."
- "Steak and Shake on Orange Blossom Trail in Apopka, Florida on 3/21/16 was a terrible experience horribly understaffed. Slow service. We sat at the counter. Sorry we did. We saw..."
- "Terrible. Overpriced. Customer service is terrible. Reps answering phones cannot comprehend simple conversation. See the ad vs. delivered photos attached. Nuff said...."
- "I bought a food chopper at a show in Rolling Greens, Ocala, Florida ....Kim Shutt was the consultant....I called her phone number with no return call. My issue is that the..."
- "We ordered in July and did not get till 10-21-2016 Was supposed to be like the 2016's with some new additions. We picked up, no storage, white flooring,..."
- "It always interesting how all the review sites show either unhappy customers or happy customers. Come on people, when you process thousands of orders, not all transactions will go..."
- "Every Ulta that my mother and I have been to has been a very poor experience in terms of customer service. Everyone has the personality of a potato. They are..."