Verified Reviewer

My husband and I went into the Greenwood Mall store today around 11 am cst to potentially purchase new Joy Cons for our sons switch. We had been waiting in line and my husband was not wearing a mask as he is medically exempt.

The girl working asks him if he has a mask and to put it on, he stated he already talked to security upon our entrance. She insisted he wear one. He left the store immediately and I stayed behind to inform her that he has a medical condition making him unable to wear one. She never gave an opportunity for him to explain he was medically unable to wear one.

I informed her that it was discrimination and that I would be reaching out to corporate to let them know of her actions. I understand these are unprecedented times and that she was simply doing her job, but she absolutely needs to be informed on exemptions and handling it properly in the future. It is unacceptable to be discriminated against and embarrassed by an employee. It is hard enough for him to face judgment from people as is, without knowing the circumstances.

We are not ignorant people and do not deserve to be treated as such. I do hope that action is taken to inform employees how to properly handle future customers with medical conditions.

Unfortunately they have lost our business in the future. But hopefully it can prevent someone else the harassment and embarrassment.

User's recommendation: Do not go to this location if you are someone with medical conditions and exempt from wearing a mask.

Preferred solution: Apology.

Gamestop Cons: Discrimination, Poor customer service.

Location: 2625 Scottsville Road, Bowling Green, KY 42104

Comments

#1938513

Stores 100% have the right to refuse service in store. You can do delivery at door, or buy online pickup at the door if you either refuse, or cannot put on a mask.

I do not fault the employee whatsoever, they have to worry not only about their own safety, but about everyone in the store. You had other options.

Gamestop Reviews