Update added by user Jun 08, 2014
After extensive research online I finally discovered how to reset the system using "Safe Mode".I had to reset the entire system back to factory defaults.
After that, re-installing the game was a breeze and the hard drive did not make loud noises.
I also discovered that GTA5 has been freezing more frequently for other users since it's last update.
The problem I was having was not related to the hardware.My unit was probably shipped with malware or malware was installed when I installed an app called "Sony At Home" shortly after installing GTA5.
I incorrectly attributed the loud noises of the hard drive to the appearance of the packages handling during shipping and the way it was packed.
Original review posted by user Jun 07, 2014
I received a Sony Playstation 3 bundled with Grand Theft Auto 5.
After the initial installation, the game worked for one day, after which the game froze.
I deleted my game data and started the game again, but it got stuck loading.
I uninstalled the game, quick-formatted the drive, then re-installed the game and it worked for about 5 minutes.
I repeated the last step and the hard drive drive made some really loud noises like the drive head was slamming back and forth trying to find a clean sector. Re-installation of the software took double the time, and the game froze when it was loading. It never ran again.
The package was not labeled "Fragile" and packing material was missing from two sides of the inner box. The outer box suffered much damage. I have to assume that something cracked during shipping and then broke after the system operated for a while.
The shipping and handling cost was $29.98 which apparently added enough urgency to the shipping to require the box to be tossed like a football, with some apparent fumbles.
This was the final straw after an ordeal of purchasing GTA4 for my PC online, downloading and installing it only to find out that my video drive was incompatible. Making an extra trip to Office Max to get an HDMI cable and adapter for my monitor because the PS3 only had RCA composite video plugs and I don't have a TV. Then since I had no sound I had to make an extra trip to GameStop and get a USB Bluetooth headset for the PS3 because my Logitech wired USB headset wouldn't work, even after changing the settings in the PS3 menu.
I had enough.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Ps3 Bundle
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Hi! I'm from Brazil and a few days ago I bought some games as a gift for a friend in a store in Kissimmee-FL. I bought the Assassin's Creed 4..."
- "SupremePsychics is really a bad website and was established in March 2013. The psychics on there are fake and are just here for the money. They do not care for..."
- "I am from Singapore and my monthly credit card is being charged without my authorization. Every week my card is being reduced in funds of USD$39.90 and I'm unable to..."
- "I went to Aspen Dental to get dental services, I asked to have my tooth extracted one of the Dentist said I needed to have a Root Canal. I said..."
- "I Shashikant bhange had bought Skechers shoe go walk 3 on 16/03/2016 from Inc 5 store in Vimannagar pune.I used another spare shoes in rainy months. After that I used..."
- "This is how the sweater I ordered arrived. It was defective to start and the plastic string that gives it the wavy look at the hem was completely coming out...."
- "Hi everyone, On Black Friday at Sports Authority I purchased a $50 World Tech Toys Striker Quad copter and so far it works beautifully with zero flight problems. All four rotor..."
- "Raining outside and raining inside my 2014 Palm Harbor Park Model. "Oh, you're out of warranty, but here's a $100 so you will go away." At the end of the..."
- "Walgreens (1/22/16) My issue with Walgreens isn't complicated. On 1/16/16, I got a prescription of Tamsulosin filled at the Enumclaw, WA, Walgreens. I picked up the Tamsulosin at..."