778 views
Verified Reviewer

I ordered the Nintendo Switch Lite Animal Crossing bundle from gamestop's website. I paid about $320 with $5.99 shipping.

I could have gotten free shipping but I wanted it as soon as possible. I was told guaranteed delivery would be within 4 business days. It's been more than 4 business days and I only have 2 out of 4 items out of the bundle. I have animal crossing but no switch lite.

Meanwhile, the original $320 charge was not actually taken out of my bank account.

Throughout the week they've been sending varying charge amounts to my card. One was $228 and the other was $91. All of these charges are pending and none of them have actually been taken out of my bank account.

Trying to get through to customer service whether through email or through the phone is absolutely useless. I sent three emails and had been on the phone for 3 hours and I still have not had any contact with an actual customer service rep.

No wonder this company is going out of business. Absolutely terrible experience and I dont recommend anyone shop here.

User's recommendation: Do not shop here.

Product or Service Mentioned: Gamestop Customer Care.

Gamestop Cons: No response to email, Long wait time on phone, Cannot connect to anyone on phone.

Comments

#2003839

I placed an online order and I paid an extra fee for guaranteed same day local delivery. When I placed the order online, the GameStop checkout website stated that the order was guaranteed for delivery on the same day by 5 PM.

There was even a countdown timer showing how many minutes the same day delivery option was still available for that extra fee. After placing the order, I even called the GameStop toll-free number (1-80*-***-****) just to confirm the order/same day delivery and was told everything was good. I received a GameStop order confirmation email a few minutes later and the delivery time had been moved back to 8 PM on that same day. It was only a three hour delay and I was willing to overlook it.

A few hours later on the evening of 4/11/2021 I received a second email stating that the order would be delivered by 8PM on the next day! Of course, by this time all GameStop customer support (chat and telephone) had closed for the night and it was too late to drive to a local store to pick the item up. I needed that item/part the same day as promised (it was a birthday present). I could have driven to a local store during the day and picked it up myself.

I paid a premium fee to have this item delivered the same day and I received multiple written and verbal confirmations from GameStop that the item would be delivered right up until the delivery time and it was not delivered as promised. To make matters worse, the GameStop shipping webpage states that orders placed on Saturdays, Sundays, and federal holidays may be processed the next business day. This is in direct conflict with the actual webpages where items are sold. So which one is it - same day or next business day?

How can GameStop upsell and charge an extra delivery fee for same day delivery on the weekends/holidays, but at the same time claim the orders might not be processed until the next business day - possibly days later. In my opinion, this appears to be classic double talk (fraud). I believe that any mention of same day delivery at purchase and/or checkout (and any countdown timer for that same day delivery option) should be removed from the GameStop website on days when same day delivery is not actually available.

GameStop did refund the extra fee that I paid for the same day delivery, but GameStop didn't provide a time machine so that I could gift the birthday present on the birthday. Thank you.

#1959957

I am have the same and even much more horrible experience. I placed my orders on Thanks giving, 2020.

They shipped my orders via multiple shipments and different transit agencies. I didn't know why they split the order to such many transit agencies, but its fine to me as long as they had the job don. It's been 2 weeks until now, my last 2 items are still not delivered. Also, when I tracked my package.

It showed the package already arrived my city 5 days ago, and since then there's 0 updates of it at all. Moreover, I found something more horrible. It split the same package delivery into 2 carriers, UPS and USPS. WHAT???

Are you serious, Gamestop? Why the *** you split 1 delivery into 2 carriers? Whats good for it? I called Gamestop, called UPS, called USPS.

They all made me run around. No one is responsible for this extreme long delay and they don't even know if my package is lost or not.

This is my 1st time shopping on Gamestop and will be my last. Hope everyone who read this avoid Gamestop and save you time and hassle.

#1957453

I wish I had read this review before I ordered a Nintendo Switch Lite from the company. I should have just ordered it through Amazon like my husband decided to do. This is the worst experience ever especially for the amount of money you are spending.

I had this same experience. I didn't realize it would be this bad until right after I placed the order. The guy at Gamestop made it sound like it would be no problem, but its anything but that.

I've had this same experience. Cannot get through to them on the phone or email.

They charged me for everything but the original preauthorized amount is still pending so my money is tied up for over a month. Horrible service.

#1961446
@Manuelita

Same here! $52.99 taken out twice on my credit card.

Still don’t have the order that I placed on 11/30. The email said it would arrive by 12/8 yet, they didn’t send it out until 12/8.

Second store this season double charging before I even see my package. Kohls does the same.

Gamestop Reviews